Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update

It's been a week ! My workshop went well, but ended after 10:00 pm last night. I can't seem to get enough coffee to open my eyes this morning.

First things first:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- CHARLES!
It's not the best of weeks for celebrations, unfortunately - but we're planning a bit of 'relaxation' this weekend!

Mom: Improving .... today she gets out of bed and walks. She's taking solid food and sounds stronger each day. She'll be released Friday and we'll determine if she'll need homecare prior to her leaving the hospital.

My granddaughter - Still have a bit of trouble with fever and a cough that won't quit - and she's had yet another visit to the doctor. BUT, both she and my daughter slept through most of the night -- the first time in weeks -- so today everyone is feeling better.

My brother-in-law is feeling better after his surgery -- and has gone in to work. He's been saved from a major heart attack, according to his doctors, and so he'll be on a new diet, new medications, and will be encouraged to change his lifestyle. But all in all - improvement.


And the sad news: Rebecca's husband Ken passed on last night. I spoke to her this morning, and she's doing quite well -- she's in the process of making funeral arrangements. She has a huge extended family, and since Ken ministered to several churches, this is going to be an especially busy and exhausting time for her. We'll probably make the viewing Thursday; I'm not sure about the funeral on Friday ... but everyone is relieved that his suffering is past.

Thank you all for your kindest of prayers, comments, support.

7 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated! It's truly a blessing that Ken didn't suffer for days or weeks and I'm sure Rebecca takes comfort in that knowledge. The prayers for all will continue!!

Anonymous said...

Lin, I've been keeping an eye on your blog for updates. I'm glad everyone seems to be improving. It's sad to hear Rebecca's husband passed on. You have really had a hard, hard week & must be exhausted! I hope you & Charles have a chance to slow down & enjoy some time just the 2 of you.

Bonny said...

Lin, I'm happy for all the improvements for your various family members. Let's hope it won't be long before they are all well.
I'm sorry to hear of Ken's passing. At least he won't be suffering any more. I'll keep Rebecca in my prayers.

Laureline said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about Rebecca's husband, Lin. They've almost been a part of your family for the past years, haven't they? I'm happy to hear that the rest of your loved ones are doing better. Happy birthday, Charles!
Xoxo,
Laura

Teri said...

Happy birthday to your DH!

Happy to hear the good news.

Please give Rebecca my condolences-she is so much a part of your Blog I feellike I know her.

Anonymous said...

Lin, wish you and family well.
Prayers to you and yours.
Linda

Felicity Grace said...

So sorry Lin to read what you have been going through these last few days. What a terrible time, I'm so sorry to hear about Rebecca's husband passing away. Glad to hear your loved ones are improving. Life is so fragile isn't it?