Sunday, March 05, 2006

At the airport


I was so excited heading to Florida to see my mom and having my sisters meet me there from NY for a two day get-together!

I arrived at the airport early only to find that there was a mix-up with my ticket and after standing at the ticket counter for over an hour, found I hadto file a 'missing ticket' form, buy ANOTHER ticket, and then file for a refund.

THEN, because things were going so smoothly, my plane was delayed an hour, then a half hour more, than an hour more as it finally found its way to Raleigh from Florida, only to have a mechanic called because there's a problem with the bathroom. We have to wait for the mechanic to arrive, then fix the plumbing, then AIR out the plane, then board and then leave -- now 2 1/2 hours late.

Here's my 'passing the time' sketch.

OH, I did arrive in Tampa, FINALLY, at 10:30 pm -- almost 3 hours late. My sisters, flying in through the snowstorm in New York, arrived 3 hours late from their scheduled time to arrive at my mom's at 2 AM. But all safe and ALL at my Mom's at one time!! YEAH!!
We didn't sleep much that night as we were up early the next morning to see the Strawberry Festival in Plant City.

Oh yes, we were feeling quite a bit like zombies!

No comments: