Sunday, February 19, 2006

EDM #3 My Bag


My dear daughter is absolutely APPALLED that at my age I still prefer a fanny pack to any 'francy' handbag.

I hate to tell her that my bony shoulders, growing rounder with age, simply CANNOT hold the strap of a shoulder bag, and my arms, weakened by hefting grandchildren heavier than my children ever were before walking on their own, cannot bear to carry a purse weighted down by all my 'necessities.'

Thus, a fanny pack is PERFECT for me -- I can put everything I need in it, hang it on my hips and have my hands free! Yes, I do agree, a business suit and a fanny pack makes an ODD vision!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Well you know the word 'fanny' means something very different here in Australia, so I always start when I see it written anywhere. LOL. I like your drawing of this little bag though. Well done. :o) I tend to use a bag that converts from a shoulder bag to a back pack by unzipping the shoulder strap into two pieces. It's very practical!!

Teri said...

I also have one of these but I wear it with jeans (is there anything else to wear?). I am imagining you with your fanny pack and the suit!:) Maybe you should do a sketch of this in the mirror.

Great job on the sketch.

Making A Mark said...

Lin - you just wait until you get old enough to join the backpack brigade!

Sue Seibert said...

Lin, having three daughters and 7 grandchildren, I understand completely. They just don't get it that we are somewhat older than we were when they were their childrens' ages! Great drawing!!

Anonymous said...

My daughters laugh at my husband when he wears one. Or I should say 'laughed'---he has given up the habit in the face of their ridicule ;D. I think the last time he wore it was when we took them to Disney World lots of years ago. I say if the pack fits, wear it ;D.

Linda said...

It's a shame that fanny packs are so out of style -- they really are a healthier way of toting stuff around! And, I guess it's a shame that we call them "fanny" packs and startle our Australian friends. And Lin, just because you've been so cheerful and nice, I just had to TAG YOU! See my blog for the details ... :-)